Terms & Conditions
Northern Star Tepees Terms and Conditions for bookings made online
Please Read this Carefully Before Agreeing.
The Client, by booking online agrees that they accept the conditions of the rental agreement stated below.
Making your booking
- You must be at least 18 years old at the time of booking. By making the booking, you confirm that you are authorised to make the booking.
- You are responsible for making all payments to us.
- You must ensure that all the information you provide us in connection with your booking is true, accurate, current, and complete, if any of your details change, you must promptly update your details by contacting email@example.com.
- If you or any member of your party has any medical problem or disability that may affect your booking, please inform us before you confirm your booking and give us full details in writing.
- We keep the price charge by Northern Star Tepee under constant review and the prices of unsold accommodation may be increased or decreased at any time. We will confirm the price of your booking when you make it. As changes and mistakes can occur, you must check the price and all other details of your chosen accommodation at the time of booking.
- All prices quoted or otherwise given to you include all charges and any taxes. Any relevant variations in the tax rate or government charges may result in variations of the sums due for your booking and you may be required to pay any additional taxes that arise after your booking has been confirmed.
Changing your booking
- If you want to change any detail of your confirmed booking, you must notify us via firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible, and we will do our best to rearrange the changes.
- Changes can only be accepted with the Owner’s agreement. We cannot guarantee that the owner concerned will be able to meet your request. Additional charges may apply.
- If you must cancel your booking, please inform us know in writing. You must pay the full amount of the booking 2 weeks prior to the event and if you are cancelling after then, you will be required to pay 50% of the booking up to 48 hours before the event, and 100% of the amount thereafter.
- Northern Star Tepees retain the right to cancel a booking if they believe the wind speed, ground holding conditions and site exposure result in an unsafe environment for the tents and hirer on the day of the event. A full refund will be made to the hirer. No compensation to be offered as a result.
Cancellations due to government public health measures:
- If you must cancel your booking because UK government public health measures imposed mean it is unlawful to travel to or to make use of accommodation you booked, you may choose to:
- Transfer you booking to a later date free of charge. Subject to availability – you will have to pay any difference in price if the cost of the new booking is higher or reimbursed if the cost is lower.
- Obtain a refund of the amount already paid by you for the booking.
- You will need to contact Northern Star Tepees to access these options.
Events beyond our control
- Except where otherwise expressly stated in these booking conditions Northern Star Tepees will not be liable or pay you compensation if our contractual obligations to you are affected by ‘events beyond our control.’ For the purposes of these booking conditions, events beyond our control mean any event beyond our or the owner’s control, the consequences of which could not have been avoided even if all reasonable measures had been taken.
Examples include warfare and acts of terrorism (and threat thereof), civil strife, significant risks to human health such as the outbreak of a serious disease, natural disasters such as floods, earthquakes or weather conditions which prevent you from travelling to the venue. The act of government or other nationals or local authority including port or river authorities, industrial dispute, labour strikes, lock closure, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, chemical or biological disaster, unavoidable technical problems with transport and all similar events outside our or the owner’s control.
- You are responsible for and agree to reimburse to Northern Star Tepees all costs incurred by the owner and/or Northern Star Tepees as a result of any breakage or damage in or to the accommodation which is caused by you or any members of your party or any other persons invited into the accommodation by your party. We can request an extra payment from you to cover any such relevant costs.
- We expect the accommodation to be left in a reasonably clean and tidy state on departure. If, in our opinion, additional cleaning is required, you will be liable to pay for the cost of cleaning.
- By submitting your personal information to us, you agree to our use of the information. We will only share your personal information with the members of staff working at Northern Star Tepees for the purpose of the provision of the booking.
- Any dispute, claim or other legal matter which may arise in relation to your booking will be governed by English law and you agree that any dispute will be dealt with exclusively by the courts of England and Wales.
- We will accept no liability or responsibility for any damages caused to you including; costs, losses, claims, expenses, demands and proceedings including your property, any third party and their guests, or any consequential loss in these regards.
- Our tents are strictly non-smoking, and a cleaning charge will be applied to any severely damaged tents.
- We also ask that there are no naked flames under any circumstances in the tents and no fires within 15m of the tents.